It’s just around the corner and no doubt you’re stuck with what to put into a card. We suggest the funny route and have some great puns and dad jokes perfect for Father’s Day 2023.
Everyone loves a good bad joke, but none more so than Dad. That’s why, for Father’s Day 2023, you should show your love by sticking a good ol’ joke into his card.
We all know cards are notoriously difficult to make meaningful without being cheesy, and this is the perfect way to do it.
As the day is the same in both the UK and the US, you’ll have no excuse for having the best sentiment for your dad this year.
Plus, we’ve already given you some original ideas for Father’s Day presents, so you should have everything sorted!
14 Dad Jokes Perfect For Father’s Day
Stick any of these in your Father’s Day card and you’re guaranteed to get a giggle. Either that or an eye-roll.
- When does a joke become a dad joke? When it becomes apparent.
- A dad is washing the car with his son. The son says, ‘Dad, can’t you just use a sponge?’
- Who is Little Ceaser’s dad? Papa John.
- Why is a giraffe such a good father? It’s someone you can look up to.
- What did the daddy Bison say to his child when he left? Bison.
- What did the tree stump say to the newspaper? I am your father.
- What did the mummy bullet say to the daddy bullet? We’re going to have a BB.
- What do you call a dad when he falls through the ice? A POPsicle.
- Why was the baby bird like his dad? He was a chirp off the old block.
- What happened when the son gave his dad soap flakes for breakfast? He was foaming at the mouth.
- What do crabs do for Father’s Day? They SHELLebrate their dads.
- Why do dads bring extra socks when playing gold? In case they get a hole-in-one.
- How do dads like their steak on Father’s Day? On a plate!
- Why are fishing dads the best? Because they’re so soFISHticated.
Puns Your Dad Will Love
If your dad is a particular fan of puns, then we have a fine collection for you to pick from for Father’s Day.
- Sure, you don’t have a dad bod, but you’re a father figure!
- Yoda best, Dad.
- Dad puns are the best. That’s how eye roll.
- It’s knot a tie, you’re the best dad.
- You’ve got all the koalafications for a dad. Sleeping during the day, mainly!
- You’re tee-rific, Dad.
- If the world has smores dads like you, it would be sweet.
- I donut know what I’d do without you.
- You did a grape job raisin me.
- You’re nacho average Dad.
- You’re cereal-ously the best.
- Thanks for pudding up with me.
- I think you’re a pretty big dill.
- You’re one in a melon.
- I love you, in queso didn’t know.
- Our family would be muffin without you.