We all know that the emojis next to our friends’ names represent something, but knowing what they all are is a big task. Luckily, we can explain what the Snapchat icons mean so you can keep track.
There are so many different emojis and icons on Snapchat that remembering them all is near impossible. If the meaning of one has been stuck in your brain, or you just want to be more of an expert, then we can explain.
What The Different Snapchat Emojis Mean
If all your friends have a different emoji next to their names, then you can rest assured knowing what they all mean.
The following ones relate to your best friends:
- 💛 – You are each other’s number one best friend.
- ❤️ – You have been each other’s number-one best friend for two weeks.
- 💕 – You have been each other’s number-one best friend for two months straight.
- 😎 – The two of you share a best friend but aren’t best friends yourself.
- 😬 – The two of your share a number one best friend.
- 😏 – You are one of their best friends, but they aren’t one of yours.
- 😊 – They are one of your best friends, just not number one
These next ones are to do with your Snapchat streaks, plus the other odd ones that pop up.
- 👶 – The two of you have just become friends.
- 🔥 – You have a Snapstreak with them.
- 💯 – Your Snapstreak has reached 100 days.
- ⌛️- Your Snapstreak is about to run out.
- 🎂 – It’s that person’s birthday today.
The Purple Zodiac Snapchat Emojis
If somebody has their birthday saved on Snapchat, then they’ll get a purple zodiac emoji next to their profile name. Here’s what they all mean and when their birthdays might be.
- ♑️ Capricorn: December 22 – January 20
- ♒️ Aquarius: January 21 – February 19
- ♓️ Pisces: February 20 – March 20
- ♈️ Aries: March 21 – April 20
- ♉️ Taurus: April 21 – May 21
- ♊️ Gemini: May 22 – June 21
- ♋️ Cancer: June 22 – July 22
- ♌️ Leo: July 23 – August 22
- ♍️ Virgo: August 23 – September 23
- ♎️ Libra: September 24 – October 23
- ♏️ Scorpio: October 24 – November 23
- ♐️ Sagittarius: November 24 – December 21
What The Snapchat Icons Mean
According to the support centre, here’s what the different Snapchat icons mean that appear on the chat screen.
First off, you have the sent icons which are arrows filled with different colours.
- Red = You sent a Snap without audio.
- Purple = You sent a Snap with audio.
- Blue = You sent a chat.
- Grey = You have sent a pending friend request.
Then, we have the opened icons which are the outlined arrows:
- Red: Your friend opened a Snap without audio.
- Purple: Your friend opened a Snap with audio.
- Blue: A friend opened a chat.
Next up are the received icons which are block-filled boxes:
- Red: Unopened Snap(s) without audio.
- Purple: Unopened Snap(s) with audio.
- Blue: Looks like a message icon and means you have an unopened chat.
These are the icons for when something has been viewed. They have outlined boxes that aren’t filled:
- Red: Snap without audio has been viewed.
- Purple: Snap with audio has been viewed.
- Blue: Your chat has been viewed.
- Grey: Snap or chat is pending and may have expired.
The screenshot icons are similar to the sent ones, but they will be two arrows back to front and overlayed on one another.
- Red: A screenshot was taken of your Snap without audio.
- Purple: A screenshot was taken of your Snap with audio.
- Blue: A screenshot was taken of your chat.
Lastly, we have the replay icons:
- Red: Your Snap without audio was replayed.
- Purple: Your Snap with audio was replayed.
Now you know what the different Snapchat icons and emojis mean, there’s no reason to be confused. That is, of course, unless you understandably forget and have to comeback and check.