March 8 2023 is International Women’s Day and there’s no better way to share your love for your gal pals than posting about them on social media. This year, be ready with a super cute picture and the perfect women’s day Instagram captions to really express how you feel about the women in your life.
March is all about appreciating the women in our lives. In the UK, we have Mother’s Day at the end of the month (don’t panic, America — yours isn’t for another couple of months). But to kick it all off, we have International Women’s Day on March 8! All about celebrating and recognising the role of women in history, it’s also a time to feel empowered and empower those around you. In this day and age, there really is no better way to show your appreciation than through your socials.
Before we get ourselves ready, let’s have a little bit of information about International Women’s Day 2023.
This year, the theme is #EmbraceEquity, fighting for an equal world. Those getting involved have shared pictures of them hugging themselves using the hashtag. More than ever, we should be calling out discrimination, bias and striving for inclusion in all aspects of our lives.
Now, we need to actively embrace that change to make a difference.
International Women’s Day started all the way back in 1911, yet there is still so much work to be done. Since it began, it’s become a national holiday in dozens of countries as campaigning has spread around the world. However, March 8 is just as much about activism as it is about celebration.
Equality across all of the sectors around the world is still far from being achieved. It isn’t down to one country or government, one business or group; it’s down to everyone. Even individuals can make a difference, and that’s why it’s so important to recognise the day, its theme, and strive for equality.
International Women’s Day Captions For Instagram
Upload a few of your favourite pics with your most loved women with one of the following and you’ll be doing IWD right. It doesn’t even have to be women you know or are related to, but inspiring ones across fame and history too! Or, you could just post a selfie and revel in your own worth as you deserve it! Remember to use the IWD hashtag for whatever you post!
Empowering Women’s Day Captions
- Behind every successful woman is herself.
- She needed a hero, so she became one.
- I’m in my girl-boss era.
- Females = men with a little more metal.
- Even on my worst days, I’m killing it.
- She’s too glam to give a damn.
- A girl has her limits. A woman knows she has none.
- May we become the women of our dreams.
- Proving people wrong? Nailed it.
- A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.
Captions To Use With Friends
- One woman can change the world. Imagine what two could do.
- Friends are for comfort, love and empowerment.
- Women together are stronger than tearing each other apart.
- More than a friend. More than a woman.
- The only person I believe in more than myself is her.
- Not the person I expected, but the woman I needed.
- Raising each other since [enter year you met].
- I couldn’t be the woman I am without her.
- She loves me on the days I don’t.
- Stronger by each other’s sides.
Song Lyrics Perfect For International Women’s Day
- Man, I feel like a woman. – Shania Twain
- She can make a mountain move and do it in high-heeled shoes. – Carly Pearce
- No, you can’t make me behave. – Demi Lovato
- My body, my choice, my rights, my voice. – Zolita
- Be that girl you can’t forget. – Hayley Kiyoka
- They want to pit us against each other when we succeeding for no reason. – Doja Cat
- I won’t smile but I’ll show you my teeth. – Halsey
- Queens are free to go wherever they like. – Ava Max
- I wanna be like most girls. – Hailee Steinfeld
- If I was a man, I’d be the man – Taylor Swift
With so many possible captions, your International Women’s Day Instagram post can’t go wrong!