You always forget how hard it is to fill in a card until you have to do it again. You want it to be meaningful, but there’s only so much you can say! Luckily, we’re here to help you out. Here are some things to write in a Mother’s Day card, including poems, verses and simple messages.
It’s so annoying when you purchase a card and the message inside says everything you wanted to say. There’s no point writing it again, but coming up with something else is never easy. So you’re not at a loose end, we have some great ideas for your Mother’s Day card that you can take full credit for and leave your mum smiling.
Pair that with some DIY Mother’s Day gifts or some alternative gifts for your mum and you’ll have the perfect combination!
Things To Write In A Mother’s Day Card
Whether you want a simple, heartfelt message, a quote or even a poem, we’ve got you covered no matter what you need.
Verses And Poems For Your Mum
- And may you happy live/And long us bless/Receiving as you give/Great happiness. – Christina Rosetti
- The angels, whispering to one another/ Can find, among their burning terms of love/None so devotional as that of “Mother,” – Edgar Allen Poe
- God made a wonderful mother/A mother who never grows old/He made her smile of the sunshine/And He molded her heart of pure gold/In her eyes He placed bright shining stars/In her cheeks fair roses you see/God made a wonderful mother/And He gave that dear mother to me. – Pat O’Reilly
- I’ll love my mother all my days/For enriching my life in so many ways/She set me straight and then set me free/And that’s what the word “mother” means to me. – Karl Fuchs
- A Mother’s love is something/that no one can explain/It is made of deep devotion/and of sacrifice and pain/It is endless and unselfish/and enduring come what may/For nothing can destroy it/or take that love away/It is patient and forgiving/when all others are forsaking/And it never fails or falters. – Helen Steiner Rice
Mother’s Day Messages Perfect For Cards
Wanting something simple to write in a Mother’s Day card is easier said than done. That is u if you ignore our suggestions! Make your life easy and pick one of the following for your Mother’s Day card.
- You deserve the very best day ever.
- Have a day as lovely as you.
- Wishing you a day as great as you made me.
- Out of all the mums in the world, I’m glad that you’re mine.
- Thank you for being my mum, my friend and my guardian.
- There aren’t enough words to describe what you mean to me.
- You’re the glue holding this family together.
- Thank you for taking care of us even when you didn’t want to.
- I’m who I am today because of you.
- You made our house the happiest home.
Things To Write In Your Mother’s Day Card From A Daughter
- I’m so proud to be your daughter.
- I hope I’m half the mum you were to me.
- The best compliment anyone can give me is to say that I’m just like you.
- No daughter could ask for a better mother.
- You were destined to be a girl mum.
Things To Write In Your Mother’s Day Card From A Son
- Happy Mother’s Day from the world’s luckiest son.
- You made me the man I am today.
- Because of you, I know how to be the perfect parent.
- Even though I wasn’t the easiest boy, you never once complained.
- I’m so proud to be your son.
Now you have more than enough ideas for what to put in your Mother’s Day card, there’s no reason to have something unoriginal!